Welcome to South Oaks Hospital Medical Records Department
All requests for medical records must be made in writing and all requests require 7-10 days to process. Please request only what is necessary as you will be charged $0.75 per page for copying when requesting records. Kindly click here to download the release form. To better assist you, please see steps below in completing the form.
Also available is a Physician Dictated Discharge Summary which includes the following information; Reason for Admission, Laboratory Studies, Treatment Received, Course in Hospital, Diagnosis, Prognosis and Aftercare. This Discharge Summary will be sufficient for most needs and the fee for this summary of your stay is $10.00.
- Please note that if you are requesting records to be sent to your next treatment provider there will be no charge for the release of your discharge summary/s to that provider.
To assist you in completing the form, follow these steps:
- Download the release form and complete it in its entirety.
Make sure to include:
- Patient name, date of birth and Social Security Number
- What information is to be disclosed
- Purpose or need for Information
- To whom the records are to be sent, including facility name, an individual's name to address it to, and the address and/or fax number
- Be sure to sign the bottom of the release form and date it
- Once completed you can:
- Fax us the form at: 631-264-4221
- Scan the signed form and email to us at:
- Mail it to:
South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway
Amityville NY 11701
Attn: Medical Records
- Or you may present your release in person at South Oaks Hospital, Valentine Hall, and ask the receptionist to call a representative from the Medical Records Department.
If you should have any questions or request additional information, email us directly at: email@example.com
The Medical Records Department is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Requests will be processed within 7-10 business days, as per New York State Law. If the records are being sent to a facility or to a treatment provider, there is no fee and we will send the records as quickly as possible. If you are requesting the records for yourself or for any other non-patient care request, we will process the request and notify the receiving party of the fee amount. Once payment is received the records will be promptly sent out.